Sunday, April 24, 2011

HAPPY EASTER.....


What a wonderful bitter sweet day, I do like Easter but as every other event of the year it makes me miss my  loved ones.
We woke up pretty early and Miss O came in and gave me my little gift that she had brought me. it was a beautiful butterfly charm with the word "DREAM" hanging from it.. was just perfect and was placed among a few chocolate eggs and a new little Easter coffee mug..AWESOME for my Easter morning coffee... so feeling spoilt by my 6 year old we got up to see what the Easter bunny had left.. he had left a long trail of eggs to a note which then told her to find the eggs hidden around the house.. she loved it and was very spoilt.
It is truly wonderful to spend moments like that with my daughter but also makes me a tiny bit sad as she should have a 17 month old brother running around with her grabbing and wanting to eat eggs and the house filled with giggles...and i should be pregnant...  And Mr J should be home and not far away at work.....hhhhmmmmm
but as this isn't so,
we casually pottered around until we got dressed and head down to the cemetery... to visit the what i imagine as my cheeky blonde hair, blue eyed boy... we sat at his graveside and give him the little Easter trinkets we had brought and tell him how much we miss him and love him...
Driving away from the cemetery Miss O tells me she likes going to there... i tell her me too but i wish we didn't have to... sometime it feels so much like a dream...
We carry on and end up having a great day in the beautiful sunshine, followed by a yummy roast (that i cooked...well done me!)

I want to wish everyone a happy Easter and hope that your Easter isn't too hard without the love ones you are missing.
Much love. xx

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter also. Very sweet of your 6 year old this morning.
    I wish my husband wasn't away at work either and also had my little Liam here also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter. I wanted to let you know that I have awarded you the Stylish Blog Award. I hope you enjoy. It has been a pleasure reading your blog. Don't even remember how I found your blog, but glad I did. Please come on over to my blog to see the rules for your award

    ReplyDelete